The aim of this regulated qualification is to provide individuals with knowledge of the basic food safety practices that are essential in the food industry. This includes the hazards and risks to food safety presented by food operations and personnel, together with cost-effective, practical control measures.
We can offer a whole portfolio of training to meet your needs.
Level 2 qualifications offered by HABC include the following:
• Level 3 Award in HACCP for Catering
• Level 3 Award in HACCP for Manufacturing
This regulated qualification further expands on the fundamentals of the Level 2 Award in HACCP which is sector specific.
Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 requires that ‘those responsible for the development and maintenance of the HACCP principles have received adequate training in the application of the HACCP principles’. In order for employees to deal competently and confidently with this requirement, a thorough understanding of Codex HACCP principles is needed.
Those achieving this qualification will understand how the Codex steps to HACCP contribute to safe food production. They will learn:
- how to identify, control and monitor significant hazards at points which are critical to food safety
- the appropriate corrective action to take when critical limits are breached
- the type of documentation and records required
- an understanding of the need to review the HACCP system at appropriate times
Level 3 Award in HACCP is recognised by environmental health practitioners, auditors and other enforcement officers. Individuals achieving this qualification will understand the importance of adapting HACCP principles for product-based and process-led situations.